There are a few ways to clean the headlight lens on your car, but here is a simple method that should work well:
- Begin by mixing a solution of equal parts water and vinegar.
- Apply the mixture to the headlight lens using a soft cloth or sponge.
- Rub the mixture into the lens in a circular motion to loosen any dirt or grime.
- Rinse the lens with water to remove the mixture.
- If the lens is still dirty, you can try using a small amount of car wax or toothpaste (not gel) on a soft cloth to gently scrub the lens.
- Rinse the lens again with water and dry it with a clean cloth.
It's important to be gentle when cleaning the headlight lens, as rough scrubbing can scratch the plastic. If the lens is extremely dirty or oxidized, it may require more heavy-duty cleaning or restoration. In that case, you may want to consider using a commercial headlight cleaning or restoration product, or have a professional take care of it for you.